How to migrate the contents to another tool?
Table of content
How to redirect to a domain?
How URLs are built?
How not to indicate the language in the URL?
How to indicate that the title of the page to be displayed is different from its name?
How to define a site with HTTPS
How do I implement a search engine on my website?
What conditions do pages and contents have to meet in order to be found by the search engine?
How do I specify which contents and pages I don’t want to be indexed?
How to adjust a search result
How to define the title of a page
GXportal Installation and Tools
Installation on Windows (.NET/SQLServer)
RequirementsBelow are the minimum requirements to install and run the GXportal backend and frontend.
Basic software requirements for GXportal
- Functional minimum: Windows Server 2008
- Recommended minimum: Windows Server 2012
- Recommended: Windows Server 2016
- Functional minimum: SQL Server 2008 R2
- Recommended minimum: SQL Server 2012
- Recommended: SQL Server 2016
- Functional minimum: A single server with IIS, SQL Server and GXportal (backend and frontend)
- Recommended minimum: Two servers, one for SQL Server and the other for IIS and GXportal (backend and frontend)
- Minimum: Intel Core i7
- Recommended: Intel Xeon
- Single-server architecture
- Minimum: 16GB
- Recommended: 32GB
- Two-server architecture
- Minimum: 8GB
- Recommended: 16GB
- Single-server architecture
- GXportal programs take up 2GB
- GXportal database
- Small websites: 1GB average
- Medium websites: 5GB average
- Large websites: 10GB average
- Website static resources: reserve a minimum of 2GB.
InstallationFor the installation of version 6.1 you must download the file gxportal_61_NET_SQLServer.zip
Note: in these steps, the website domain used as an example is www.example.com and it must be changed to the corresponding website domain. The same happens with the passwords to be configured. The database name used is "gxportal61" and the username used is "gxportal61;" they can be changed.
Uncompress the GXportal zip file at "c:\gxportal61"
The execution of the following commands must be done in a command line executed with Administrator permissions (Run as administrator option)
1. Configure the database connection:
gxportal.bat -connection -server <database server name> -instance <sqlserver instance> -database gxportal61 -user gxportal61 -password <password>
2. Create the database:
gxportal.bat -createDatabase -dbaUser sa -dbaPassword <sa_password> -dbPassword <user password gxportal61>
3. Create the tables:
gxportal.bat -createTables -dbPassword <user gxportal61 password>
4. Initialize the metadata:
gxportal.bat -import metadata -dbPassword <user gxportal61 password>
5. Deploy ASP.Net programs
gxportal.bat -deploy aspnet
6. Install the license administrator:
gxportal.bat -deploy licmgr
7. Configure the IIS to access the backend:
gxportal.bat -deploy iis -backend
8. Configure the protection:
gxportal.bat -protection -registerDB -dbPassword <user password gxportal61>
Install the most recent version of GeneXus Protection Server in the same server as GXportal. It can be obtained from here.
Request licenses with the license administrator located at c:\gxportal61\licmgr
9. Check the backend access by accessing to http://localhost/backend61
10. Enter with the user gxpadmin and password gxp123 without specifying the website.
Change the user password gxpadmin from the menu option Security ＞Change password.
11. Create a new website, and create the website administrator user.
Configure the file URL as http://www.example.com/ and confirm that the multimedia file path is correct. It should be as follows: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\gxportal61\resources\<website>\ where <website> is the name given to the website when it was created.
Enable the ID column in the website grid to view the identifier assigned to the website created that will be required to deploy the frontend later on.
12. Close the gxpadmin user session and log in with the website administrator user to configure the website domain to the corresponding value. In this example: www.example.com. To this end, select the menu option Design＞Domains.
13. Return to the command line where the previous installation steps were executed to run the command that configures the IIS to access the website frontend: gxportal.bat -deploy iis -frontend -siteId <id. of the website created>
14. If you selected some of the templates to initialize the website, you can publish it and try to access the configured domain to confirm that you can do so.
And that's it! Congratulations you have just installed and configured GXportal!